Sunday, March 12, 2006
By RON FOURNIER, AP Political Writer -- Sunday, 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
The two-term Tennessee senator received 526 first-place votes, or 36.9 percent, in the Southern Republican Leadership Conference's "straw poll" sponsored by Hotline, a political digest. Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney finished second with 14.4 percent and Sen. George Allen (news, bio, voting record) of Virginia finished third, tied with -- who cannot seek a third term.Dave Haigler, Abilene, Texas
lawfirm webpage: www.haigler.info
Full AP-Yahoo News story.
Other Recent DemLog Items
- SMH: Judge orders redacted secret reports to Libby's defense - March 12
- HW: Halliburton overcharges Navy for cleanup labor
- ChiTrib: CIA secrets available on the web
- AP: Study shows port-security lapses
- AP: Massive immigration protest in Chicago
- AP: Quakers remember killed hostage's mission - March 11
- IOL: Prison chaplain suspended for accusing White House of terrorism
- MMfA: O'Reilly goes nuts
If these links don't work, try our political blog: http://demlog.blogspot.com.
Note: Dave & Becky will be on vacation this coming week, so DemLog posts may be sporadic.
Donate to DemLog, a project of Marcus Comton (click on box below to go to PayPal and donate). Thank you very much: