Tuesday, February 14, 2006
By KIMBERLY HEFLING, Associated Press Writer -- Tuesday, 17 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - Pre-Sept. 11 intelligence conducted by a secret military unit identified terrorist ringleader Mohamed Atta 13 different times, a congressman said Tuesday.
During a Capitol Hill news conference, Rep. Curt Weldon (news, bio, voting record), R-Pa., said the unit -- code-named "Able Danger" -- also identified "a problem" in Yemen two weeks before the attack on the . It knew the problem was tied into the port of Aden and involved a U.S. platform, but the ship commander was not made aware of it, Weldon said.
Dave Haigler, Abilene, Texas
lawfirm webpage: www.haigler.info
Other Recent DemLog Items:
- AP: NBC reporter calls White House spokesman a jerk
- NYT: Paul Hackett talks too straight for Ohio Dems
- AP-AAS: Lawyer shot by vice president has heart attack
- AFP: Schumer questions outsourcing of port security
- AP: Cheney cited for hunting without permit
If those links don't work, try our political blog: http://demlog.blogspot.com.
Donate to DemLog, a project of Marcus Comton (click on box below to go to PayPal and donate). Thank you very much: