Sunday, January 22, 2006
AP: Photos of Bush & Abramoff surface - Jan. 22
Associated Press --18 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - Althoughsays he doesn't recall meeting convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff, the two have reportedly turned up in photos together.
Both Washingtonian and Time magazines have reported the existence of about a half-dozen photos showing the two together.
Time reported on its Web site Sunday that its staff members have seen at least six photos featuring Bush and Abramoff, who has pleaded guilty to federal charges stemming from his lobbying practices and has pledged to cooperate with investigators. They appeared to have been taken at White House functions, according to the reports.
The White House has acknowledged that Abramoff attended some events at the Executive Mansion, and spokeswoman Dana Perino said Sunday it's not surprising that the two would have met.
lawfirm webpage: www.haigler.info
Other Recent DemLog Items:
- UCS: U.S. Army Smashes Records as Young Republicans Rush to Enlist
- Slate-Papers: US propaganda in Palestine - Jan. 22
- Pettit: MMfA proves Clinton's Monica story got 4 times more media attention than Bush's NSA spying story
- AFP: Cheney downplays Al Qaeda in Iran
- AP: Sunnis assert their coalition - Jan. 21
- AP: Groups intervene to save kidnapped journalist - Jan. 21
- Barhorst: Guns and schools
Donate to DemLog, a project of Marcus Comton (click on box below to go to PayPal and donate). Thank you very much: